For acute care services, CareWell Urgent Care is your best bet.
When you need acute care services but your doctor’s office is closed, CareWell Urgent Care is a convenient and affordable alternative to your local emergency room.
The ER is the place to go for serious injuries and life-threatening ailments, but many medical conditions don’t rise to that level of severity. From a sprained ankle to a worrisome rash or a minor cut needing stitches, there are lots of times when you need prompt acute care services for minor to moderate conditions. In these instances, a visit to the ER will likely mean hours of waiting in line as doctors deal with more serious cases first, and a pretty steep medical bill when you leave.
At CareWell Urgent Care, we provide acute care services that are fast and affordable. At each CareWell medical clinic, you can usually see a clinician in as little as 15 minutes. We accept all major insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, and we offer highly affordable rates for patients without insurance.
You can receive acute care services seven days a week at every CareWell location throughout eastern Massachusetts and in Warwick, Rhode Island.
Acute care services with a smile – and state-of-the-art care facilities.
When you come to CareWell for acute care services, you’ll be greeted with a smile and a warm welcome from our staff. Our comfortable waiting rooms feature soft lighting and an area for children to play. Our facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including an on-site lab, an urgent care X ray machine, and EKG equipment, allowing us to provide comprehensive acute care services without having to send you elsewhere for testing.
Our physician-led clinical team is highly experienced in a broad range of acute care services and can see patients of all ages from six months and up. Our team is especially adept at providing children’s urgent care services.
Types of acute care services
At each of our 17 clinics, you can receive acute care services that include:
- Treatment for non-life-threatening accidents and injuries, including broken bones, sprains, cuts and abrasions.
- Care for cold, flu, allergic reactions and other illnesses, including help to reduce fevers and avoid complications.
- Children’s illnesses and injuries, including infections, cuts, bites, rashes, nosebleeds and more.
- Routine physical exams – at CareWell, you can get a physical without having to wait weeks or months to see a primary care physician.
- Vaccinations and screenings, including flu shots, STD tests and a pulmonary function test.
- Occupational medicine, providing employers with routine and acute care services that can help to reduce the cost of maintaining a healthy workforce.