Keep your drivers’ DOT physicals up to date and your trucks on the road with CareWell
If your employees don’t have the proper medical documentation, routine traffic stops can become operational nightmares when trucks are taken off the road. Stay ahead of the game with CareWell’s quick and easy DOT physicals.
We Make DOT Physicals Easy
CareWell Urgent Care offers Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals and provides medical exams for any commercial driver that needs to fulfill requirements for a new Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or renewal of existing Massachusetts or Rhode Island state CDL.
Our doctors are certified by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to provide you with a thorough DOT physical examination that result in the medical certification needed for the CDL and TLC.
At CareWell you can get your DOT physical for $130 all inclusive. Simply walk in to any one of our fifteen convenient locations.
What Do You Need to Do Before the Exam?
- To save time, please fill in the driver’s portion of the Medical Examination Report prior to your visit
- Please note that insurances do not cover this exam. Check with your employer to see if they would be willing to pay for it. We accept cash, credit, and debit cards
Bring the following items with you:
- List of medications with dosages
- Glasses if you require a vision prescription
- Your Last MER Card
- Yearly clearance letter from a specialist for a specific chronic condition
What is the Procedure?
Visit one of our fifteen locations to get examined by our FMCSA accredited physicians. Walk-ins are always welcome, but we suggest scheduling an appointment before your visit to ensure the availability of a physician at the desired location to avoid any inconvenience.
Your DOT physical will include the following:
- A thorough physical exam
- A DMV eye examination
- A hearing test
- A urine test
- A heart test may be required for heart patients
- An in-depth review of your health history which would include:
- Past or recent illnesses and injuries
- Vision acuity
- Hearing disorders
- Heart disorders
- High blood pressure
- Muscular weakness or disease
- Respiratory problems
- Lung, kidney, liver, and nervous system health
What Happens After the Test?
Our staff will complete the remaining information on the medical examination report for commercial driver fitness determination and all its supporting forms and documentation. All DOT physical requirements need to be in place in order for you to pass your physical and obtain the CDL medical card.
CareWell’s DOT medical examiners will provide you with a certification for:
- Massachusetts or Rhode Island State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for truck drivers driving commercial trucks and school bus drivers
- Renewal of existing MA or RI Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
CareWell Urgent Care DOT Physicals Locations
Each of our clinics is equipped to provide complete physicals that follow all guidelines provided by the FMSCA. You can walk in to any of the below listed locations and be seen by a Medical Examiner right away:
- Cambridge (Inman Square)
- South Dennis
- Worcester (Greenwood Street)
- Worcester (Lincoln Street)