CareWell Urgent Care is your source to ensure your work spaces are as safe as possible. We provide PCR, rapid antigen, and antibody testing for Covid-19.
What are the types of COVID-19 testing available?
- PCR (nasal swab) – this test will detect if you are actively infected with COVID-19. Test is sent to our commercial lab partner for analysis which uses the Abbot Architect platform. This test is FDA Emergency Use Authorization approved.
- SARS Antigen FIA (nasal swab) – a rapid test (15 minute results) performed with a nasal swab to detect if you are actively infected with Covid-19. Test results are provided by CareWell using the new Sofia 2 analyzer by Quidel which is FDA Emergency Use Authorization approved. Click this link for more information – Quidel Antigen Patient Fact Sheet.
- Serum Antibody IgG (blood test) – this test will detect if you have had previous exposure Covid-19 and if your body is building antibodies. Test is sent to our commercial lab partner for analysis which uses the Abbot Architect platform. This test is FDA Emergency Use Authorization approved.
Does CareWell provide on-site testing for employers?
Yes, if you have a minimum of 100 employees in need of testing we will come on-site and perform PCR and/or antibody testing. The rapid antigen test can only be performed in CLIA approved labs and must be run through one of our CareWell centers.
What CareWell centers perform the tests?
All 17 of our CareWell centers can perform any and all of the three tests. Employers are not required to send all employees to a single center. Employees may choose the nearest center to them.
- Location list – https://www.carewellurgentcare.com/centers/
What is the cost to test employees?
- Symptomatic employees, healthcare workers, and first responders are covered by insurance with zero cost, including co-pay.
- We customize every employer contract to suit your needs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Does CareWell perform employer antibody testing?
Yes, as of April 22nd CareWell is a collection site for blood draws for Quest Diagnostics to perform analysis for SARS-COV-2. We will draw a sample of blood to be sent off to Quest Diagnostics. Within 48 hours you will receive notice of the results. This will include whether you have been exposed to a virus in the corona group, including COVID-19, and have had it, as well as whether you are building antibodies to the virus. Quest Diagnostics will bill directly to you, the patient, for the analysis.
- Now FDA approved under Emergency Use Authorization
- Negative results do not rule out SARS-COV-2 infection, particularly in those who have been in contact with the virus. Follow up testing with a molecular diagnostic should be considered to rule out infection in these individuals.
- Results from antibody testing should not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or exclude SARS-COV-2 infection or to inform infection status
- Positive results may be due to past or present infection with other non-SARSCOV-2, Coronavirus strains.
For more information regarding the antibody blood test please visit the following pages:
Quest Diagnostics press release regarding the test – https://newsroom.questdiagnostics.com/2020-04-21-Quest-Diagnostics-Begins-to-Perform-COVID-19-Antibody-Testing
Abbott press release regarding antibody blood test – https://abbott.mediaroom.com/2020-04-15-Abbott-Launches-Third-COVID-19-Test-a-Laboratory-Based-Antibody-Blood-Test-That-Will-Ship-in-the-U-S-Starting-Tomorrow
How are test results communicated?
We require all contracts to include an employee signed release of test results in order to relay to the employer. We will do our utmost best to get results to the employer via fax as soon as possible. Please be patient at this time as we get back up to full running capacity.