CareWell Urgent Care makes the DOT physical quick and painless.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) physical is a necessity for any driver applying for a new Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or a renewal. But just because the DOT physical is a state requirement doesn’t mean it needs to be an ordeal.
At CareWell Urgent Care, we make a DOT physical fast and easy, helping you and your employees avoid lengthy waits to get a DOT physical card. With CareWell, your employees can get a DOT physical well ahead of deadline to avoid the nightmare of drivers who are unable to work because of inadequate medical documentation.
The cost of a DOT physical at CareWell is only $125 – everything included. You can get a walk in physical at any one of our 17 urgent care locations. Physicals are performed by CareWell physicians who are certified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and who can provide a thorough DOT physical examination to help a get a DOT medical card as fast as possible.
Preparing for your DOT physical.
At CareWell centers, you can see a doctor as little as 15 minutes. But to make your DOT physical even faster, it’s helpful to fill in the driver’s portion of the Medical Examination Report before you stop by one of our DOT physical locations. And because insurance doesn’t cover this particular physical exam, it’s helpful to determine who’s paying for the exam before you arrive.
You’ll want to bring the following items to your DOT physical:
- Your last Medical Examination Report
- A list of your medications and dosages
- Your prescription glasses
- Your yearly clearance letter from a specialist for a specific chronic condition
What to expect in your DOT physical.
During your DOT physical, you can expect to undergo:
- A thorough physical examination
- Tests of your vision and hearing
- A urine test
- A heart test for certain patients with heart conditions
- A review of recent or past illnesses and injuries, which may include heart disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, digestion issues, respiratory problems, muscular weakness or disease, hearing disorders, vision problems, and any issues related to the health of your lungs, kidneys, liver and nervous system
After your DOT physical is finished, we’ll complete the Medical Examination Report and, if you pass the physical, provide you with your DOT health card and certification for your CDL.
CareWell Urgent Care centers are located throughout eastern Massachusetts and in Warwick, Rhode Island, providing immediate access to urgent care from qualified clinicians as an affordable alternative to emergency room care or treatment by a primary care physician.