With more and more awareness surrounding the possible long-term impact of various preservatives, additives, and pharmaceuticals on our health and wellbeing, many people are actively in search of more natural methods to deal with their personal health. One extremely popular item is raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, long praised for its lengthy catalogue of benefits spanning from head to toe – like, literally from your hair all the way down to your feet. Check out our list below for some compelling ways people are using apple cider vinegar. Have you tried any of these?
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
- Get rid of a sore throat using apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water
- Drinking a glass of water mixed with a tablespoon of it is said to tame acid reflux
- A 1/3 cup vinegar + 1 quart water solution apparently will cleanse your hair of all the shampoo, conditioner, and various hair products that build up over time.
- If you’re running low on deodorant, a wipe of apple cider vinegar will help get rid of the bacteria under your arms that causes odor. The same goes for your feet!
- Not too keen on what may still be lurking on the fruits and vegetables you bring home from the grocery store? 1 part vinegar mixed with 9 parts water works as a produce bath to cleanse away the unwanted residues. Just make sure to rinse well with plain water afterwards.
- Many people swear by apple cider vinegar as a hiccup cure! They say one teaspoon will do the trick every time.
- Suffering from clogged up sinuses? Try a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water to loosen the mucus and help prevent future congestion.
- Do your legs cramp up at night? Muscle cramps may mean your body is low on potassium. With apple cider vinegar being so rich in potassium, it’s said to help eliminate cramps.
That’s our eight ideas for apple cider vinegar. Have you ever tried using it for anything else or as a home remedy for something not on our list?