COVID-19 Testing: PCR, Antigen, Antigen + Flu A/B, and Antibody
- Appointment Not Required
- Referral Not Required – You do not need an outside referral or order from your primary care provider to receive testing at any of our centers. Our onsite provider will evaluate you to determine which test is most appropriate for your needs.
- CareWell Centers Are NOT Drive-Through Testing Sites
If you do not have symptoms, it is best to wait at least 5 days after your exposure to get tested. If you get tested too soon, the test may not be able to detect the virus.
How much does COVID-19 testing cost?
INSURED PATIENTS: We recommend patients reach out to their specific insurance provider to confirm coverage prior to their visit.
UNINSURED PATIENTS: For those without insurance, our centers offer testing under our standard Prompt-Pay program. Below is a breakout of cost estimates for COVID-19 testing through our Prompt-Pay program.
- PCR or SARS Antigen FIA: $160 at time of service
- SARS Antigen FIA + Flu A/B: $210 at time of service
- Antibody: $105 at time of service
Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
What is coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person.
How can I help prevent the spread of respiratory infections, including COVID-19?
Stay home until your fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without taking any fever reducing medication and at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects
How does COVID-19 spread?
Human coronaviruses spread from an infected person to others through respiratory droplets, including:
- Through the air by coughing and sneezing
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
This is similar to how influenza and other respiratory infections spread.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Visit the CDC symtpoms page for an up to date list of symptoms.
Our centers remain open to test and treat all other urgent, non-life-threatening medical needs, including evaluation to determine what type of COVID-19 testing is needed. The health and safety of our patients, communities and team is our top priority. Please rest assured, we are taking extra safety measures so that patients seeking care for all other urgent non-life-threatening illnesses or injuries can continue to safely be seen at any CareWell Urgent Care locations.